Громадська організація «Десяте квітня» оголошує вакансію на зайняття посади старшого соціального консультанта в проекті «Захист біженців, шукачів притулку та осіб без громадянства в Одеському регіоні». Дедлайн – 11 червня 2021 року (далі – англ.).
“The Tenth of April” is a non-government organization which implements the UNHCR program of legal and social assistance to asylum seekers and refugees’ communities’ empowerment in Odesa and Odesa region in accordance with the UNHCR policies, priorities and operating procedures.
The NGO “The Tenth of April” (“DESYATE KVITNYA”) announces the vacancy for the position of a senior soical counselor for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Protection for refugees, asylum seekers and stateless persons in Odesa region”
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in communication and self-development in refugee issues.
The senior social counselor will have to perform the following duties on the daily basis:
- Counsel the persons of concern (PoCs) on available options of social support within the project framework in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), on their social rights, state benefits they are eligible for.
- Conduct social assessment of the cases.
- Provide the concerned population with in-kind and non in-kindassistance in accordance with the SOPs.
- Conduct home visits to assess living conditions.
- Assist the PoCs in access to the public health-care facilities.
- Organize referrals to specialized health-care facilities for defined cases of vulnerable PoCs in coordination with the UNHCR.
- File the information on the clients’ health, integration, and other issues.
- Record in-time manner the information in the database.
- Present the cases during Monthly Subsistence Allowance Committee in order to assess the vulnerability and consider feasibility of granting financial assistance.
- Filling in the reporting documents.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the communities’ empowerment activities.
- In collaboration with other team members conduct other activities in order to find the best durable solution for the concerned population.
Applicants will need to fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- General understanding of the UNHCR mission and mandate.
- Advanced university degree, at least Bachelor’s degree in Humanitarian, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- Experience in refugees’ protection field is desirable but not mandatory. The individuals with background in education, social work, human rights, communications, advocacy, journalism, international relations, development studies or other relevant disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in humanitarian projects is desirable but not mandatory.
- The candidate is expected to have a desire to learn and adapt.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English, working knowledge of other foreign languages will be an asset.
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office essential).
- Listening Skills in order to understand needs, demands and preferences of the project clients and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal Communication Skills in order to counsel, negotiate and report in an efficient manner.
- Empathy in order to express genuine concern for the clients’ needs and willingness to respond.
- Stress resistance and psychological maturity to deal with vulnerable applicants.
- Tolerant behavior in order to respect individuals of various cultures, ages, genders, races, religions, traditions.
- Negotiating Skills in order to facilitate processes with the project stakeholders who have various levels of power and decision-making capacities, to open discussions on sensitive issues.
- Time Management Skills in order to analyse the workload, assign priorities, and maintain focus on productive endeavors.
- Critical Thinking in order to analyse the needs and preferences objectively and come up with the best solution.
- Team Working in order to generate problem-solving strategies, provide with constructive feedback, etc.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Senior Social Counsellor” in the subject of the email. If any questions, please call 073 003 11 88 or 048 766 00 04.
Deadline for applications: 11.06.2021.
“The Tenth of April” seeks to sustain its workforce diversity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.