The NGO “The Tenth of April” announces the vacancy for the position of a Legal Analyst / ECHR Advocate for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Legal Assistance to Refugees and Stateless persons in Odessa”.
This project seeks to facilitate the establishment of the effective asylum system in Ukraine through improvement of the institutional capacity of state authorities to deal with refugees and asylum seekers and enhancement of the access to legal assistance and legal remedies for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Lead the advocacy directions assigned, and identify and implement most appropriate advocacy activities.
- Preparation and lodge the complaints to ECHR on the issues of violations of asylum seekers and refugees’ rights.
- Identify the legal gaps in Ukrainian legislation concerning asylum seekers and refugees and suggest improvements need to be made in order to ensure that the Government’s legal and policy response to asylum procedure in Ukraine is clearly implemented.
- Draft new legislation, including amendments, regulations and instructions, to address the concerns identified;
- Liaise with the UNHCR partners to follow-up on the situation for asylum seekers and refugees in Ukraine.
- Organize and conduct meetings with main actors involved in the decision making at local, national and international levels.
- Support the activity of the Tenth of April in any other aspect that is required and provide advice to the Tenth of April staff on any legal issues arisen.
Applicants will need to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Higher education in law, international relations, refugee or migration studies, conflict studies;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the field of advocacy, including human rights protection sphere. Experience of work in the sphere of protection of refugees and asylum seekers’ rights in the sphere of providing with the international protection;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Proven capacity to conduct lobbying and advocacy activities, design, and produce quality knowledge products, including policy and legal papers, etc;
- Experience or knowledge of humanitarian aid and development policy and research as well as specific knowledge and experience in working with refugee human rights situation;
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in close collaboration with team members;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Commitment to team work;
- Highly motivated and flexible person.
- High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to [email protected] with the subject: “Application for the Vacancy of a Legal Analyst / ECHR Advocate REF”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview, no late applications will be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 05.11.2018.
Should you have any further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact us via email: [email protected], or by phone: +38 (048) 766-00-04, +38 (093) 662-85-24.